Hey, I’m Rachel.

So this blog thing… I think it is really neat. To have someone nominate you for anything is pretty cool, and I (as well as all of us SXU bloggers) have been nominated. We all think that we are special, perfect in our own ways, and I’m sure you all are. Don’t get your panties in a bunch, I’m not singling anyone out for being arrogant (unless you are, then you should probably stop before you lose all of your friends). What I mean is that we all really think highly of ourselves, even if we do not express it. I mean OBVIOUSLY when you ran a mile without stopping last week it was way more important than when Bobbie-Sue ran 7, right? No not really, sorry to burst your bubble. When you look at the big picture, we are all pretty cool in our own ways, we are all equal. Hey, if Billy Madison is cool, so are you!

pee

So why was I asked to share all of my awesome experiences and brilliant knowledge with you? I ask myself the same question! I’m new to this, but I’ll catch on eventually. I don’t know everything, but what I do know is that I have been through a lot in my three years here at Saint Xavier University. I think some of you will benefit from my experiences, some of you will laugh at me, and some of you might reminisce on some of my stories. However you take it, I thank you for reading! As far as feedback goes please ask whatever you want, and chip in if you feel inclined to!

Let’s start with me- the cool one. 

Dionte and me

This is Dionte, he has Down Syndrome. We became friends in High School and we still hangout to this day!

My name is Rachel, I’m 21 years old, and I think I’m pretty cool. I think a lot of things though, sometimes I need to think twice, three times, but four times max. I’m not 100% sure what I want to do with my life, but I always have known that I want to work with individuals with exceptional needs. It’s a start and I’m working my way to the finish. I am optimistic, I don’t worry too much about anything because worrying wont fix my problems. I don’t always match my clothes, and usually it’s accidental. I’m convinced that I’m a professional photographer thanks to Instagram. I’m not scared of much except for feet, horses, and someday looking like Honey Boo Boo’s mom. I don’t really enjoy drinking all that often, but gettin’ jiggy with my friends is always fun. Yeah, I just said jiggy. I like music, country is my preference. I have a tattoo of Garth Brooks lyrics on my rib cage. It says “Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you’re standing outside the fire”. It has hidden meaning in which you probably don’t care about. So far getting a tattoo is still not a regret, so that’s pretty neat because I can’t return it. I miss High School a little bit, but I’ve learned that life goes on and it has a lot in store for each of us. I really enjoy college. I think it’s the coolest thing since sliced bread. I’ll tell you about it later, I know you are all dying to hear why I like it so much. I’ve also learned that maturity and age are not directly correlated. I’ll tell you about that later, too.

In a nutshell, I’m a full-time college student with a few part-time jobs and a full-time reputation to stay awesome. So welcome to my blog! ✌