Senior Project: Brand You 101

For this week’s blog, I’m writing about something both relevant to my current life and college students: my senior project!

Communications majors have to research, create a deliverable for, and present on a topic of their choice. I am in the final stages of preparing my speech after creating a website as my deliverable.

Screen Shot 2013-04-15 at 4.10.57 PM

The topic I studied was Generation Yers (anyone between the ages 18-35), Personal Branding, and Online Presence.

I knew that almost every college student (and younger) I know has some type of social media profile and I learned that we can use those profiles to our advantage.

When we understand our skills and how we want to market ourselves to others and employers, we can use social networks strategically!

Employers and HR professionals are looking at social media networks when considering whom they want to hire.

So, it’s important that we present ourselves in a way that reflects are true selves and communications a consistent image.

For my projected I created a website with interesting research, interactivity, videos, and resources that gets the process started for anyone who is interested in learning more about personal branding and how to create and communicate their own effective brand via social media.

Here is the website link: http://brandyou101.wix.com/brandyou101

I will continue to share about my senior project goes!