First post:)

“Critically thinking, it is not easy to continue to be an individual while going throughout life in our society. Since my fifth grade teacher, Mr. Hardt, taught us about this hard fact of life and gave us an environment where we could truly exercise our individualities virtually uncriticized- I have fallen in love with the light each person holds, and the different ways they carry it.  Not only those I dislike, but those that I despise, I have embodied the love for their eternal energy because positivity is what will get us all through this journey, not just surviving- but discovering, loving, seeing, creating. I have lived my life based off of this idea.”

Hello Everybody!! I wanted to use this first post as an introduction. The above paragraph is an excerpt from my introduction transitions paper assignment. I am currently 18 years old and am double majoring in Political Science and International Studies. I am from Algonquin, Illinois so I chose to stay on campus. Living here is the type of situation where I imagined it, I visualized as best as I could; Then, it actual happened and it kinda left me like, whoa. I have freedom, literally a 4 minute walk max to my classes, I have a cafeteria as a kitchen and Starbucks as a coffee maker, my closest friends are around the corner and down the hall, and I’m going to guestimate that I see a minimum of 5 people a day either about to go into the shower or just getting out- and yes, in case you were wondering, both male and female.

I’d say that the most challenging thing about living on campus and going to school for me is doing priorities (school work) at a timely matter. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I get assignments done on time, but since I’ve been here I go to sleep at 2 a.m. generally every night. That being said, it’s the most fun I do believe I’ve ever had. Yeah, it can be hard and stressful but over all I’m learning a lot about myself and life while making bonds with a dorm full of people. That being said, I’m about to start putting together the 10 minutes presentation I have to do tomorrow while watching the Chronicle; it’s an awesome movie, I suggest it to those who haven’t seen it.