I got all the syrup!

imagesWhen I first came to Saint Xavier, I never ate breakfast. I’d always been told, as I’m sure we all were, “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!” However, a combination of a) fear of the Freshmen 15 and b) waking up 15 minutes before classes start kept me from starting my day off with fresh nutrients for fuel. I started eating breakfast here about two weeks ago and here is what I discovered:

1. Make plans and go with a friend. Chances are, there are a decent amount of people you know that would also enjoy kick-starting their day with some brain food. So, ask around, make plans the day before for where you should meet and at what time. You’ll get to start off with socialization, a smile, and a full tummy! You’re morning professor will thank you!
  2. Go 30 minutes after you wake up. Preferably. I used to wake up, go to class and then after class go get breakfast. However, doing some research, I realized experts suggest that eating within 30 minutes of waking up jump starts your metabolism the most.
  3. Switch it up. Here at Saint Xavier we have a decent amount of options, so take advantage of them! One of the most yummy delicacies we have here at SXU in regards to breakfast are the Starbucks breakfast images-1sandwiches and wraps! The diner also has breakfast every morning consisting of omelets, eggs, french toast, pancakes, waffles and sausage and bacon. To top it off you can always get a breakfast sub from Subway at the Shannon Center.

Though in college it is easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of things, maintaining good health and practices will keep you on your toes and on an internal schedule that will become natural.

Take care of your beautiful selves and rejoice in the fact that midterms are almost done! AND EAT BREAKFAST :p

‘Til next week.