Panic!

Okay, so don’t judge me, but I got a D in one of my classes for midterms. Though I’d like to say it purely motivated me that much more to work hard, which it did somewhat,  I was mainly just discouraged and down on myself. Thoughts like ‘I’m not good enough for college’ and ‘I shoulda just dropped that class like I had an initial urge to at the beginning of the semester’ played through my mind continuously. All my friends realized my decline in dedication and determination and talked me up with sentiments like ‘it’s just midterms’, ‘isn’t that your class that just takes quiz grades’, and ‘Danielle, one D doesn’t make you dumb’ to cheer me up; and it did, to some extent.

In reality, having this initial reaction and mindset due to my midterm grade only hindered me. This past Tuesday we had another quiz. I started studying 3 days in advance this time and it really paid off. I got an A on the exam and discovered I now have a B; My worrying was pointless. It harmed more than it helped. At the end of the day, no matter what situation your in, if you want to get out of it, all you have to do is change your behavior. That’s what I did and I now have 3 A’s and 3 B’s, and I’m feeling awesome about my standing and like I have a refreshed view of my education.

I hope that all you beautiful people aren’t stressing too much and enjoying the Fall season as much as I am! I’m going down town in a bit, ‘til next time.