Scary Weekend!

Hello once again everyone! I hope that everyone had a great weekend! I, personally, had a very scared Sunday at least.

tornado

On Sunday, it was a terrible tornado that tore through parts of Illinois and Indiana. I’ve rarely scared of anything or panic about anything, but how vicious this tornado was and how it was ripping through anything in its path had me quite frightened. Where I live at was one of the places under the tornado warning. It was shocking with how much rain was coming down and bad the wind was. With how vicious the wind was blowing at times, I just decided to go hide somewhere that was sturdy and where there was no windows. I sat there just thinking about everything. My life, family, friends, etc. Just imaging that everything in my life could be gone was a very tense and scary experience.

Thankfully, nothing happened and the tornado missed us. However, it was heartbreaking to see so many people who lost everything. Just to see on television how people houses was just destroyed was painful to see. It’s kind of a complex situation. On one hand, you’re grateful that the tornado did not hit you, but on the other hand, you’re sad that it happened to anyone. I’ve learned how to count my blessings and to not to takes things and people you have in your life for granted.

thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is coming up and with everything that is going on in the world, we should just be thankful that we are alive and that things are just things, materialistic. I guess that can be the silver lining in this, which I understand is hard to see. I believe that things like this shows us how grateful we should be and how we shouldn’t take things for granted. This event really made we see that and I realize now more than ever!