You Get A Cold!

Hey Everyone…

I’m sicker than a dog right now. Yup, the epitome of health (that’s me, in case you were wondering) has a head cold. My nose is stuffed up, my throat hurts, I can’t stop coughing…so yeah, I’m basically miserable.

Alright, that’s enough negativity for one blog post. I am sick because I suck at taking care of myself. Yes, I workout and eat pretty healthy, but there are a lot of things that I slack on. And we all do.

oprahWith that being said, how can start taking better care of ourselves and avoid getting sick? Sometimes, I feel like this is a task that just can’t be accomplished. It’s hard during the winter season when it seems like everyone and their mother is either coughing or sneezing everywhere. Getting sick is pretty much unavoidable, but there are TONS of ways to build up your immune system and try to fight winter illness.

-WASH. YOUR. HANDS.

hand washing.

There’s a reason why I put this in all caps…there are people out there who rarely wash their hands.Which is why I am giving everyone a friendly reminder to keep up their hand washing habits! Because a) not washing them is nasty and b) this is the easiest and most effective way to prevent the spread of germs. All it takes is twenty seconds to do! So next time you use the bathroom, or come home from a long day of school/work, stick those hands under the faucet, soap up, and wash away!!! Oh, and make sure you scrub all around those fingernails, wrists, and thumbs…the parts that most of us forget to give attention to.

-Go to Bed.

kitty!

Who doesn’t love sleep? If I could, I would sleep the whole day away and not even feel guilty at all for missing any of my classes or my work shifts. But unfortunately, I can’t…and neither can you. But what we can do is make sure we have at least 6 + hours of sleep every night! Giving your body the proper sleep that it needs boosts your immunity and helps you fight off sickness. Can’t get the full amount? Take a cat nap during the day to help those hours add up!

-Do not share!!!

Haha get it?

Haha get it?

We all know that phrase, “Sharing is caring”, right? Well it’s wrong. Sharing chapstick, utensils, food, or drinks with another person is the easiest way to transfer germs. So if you want to share with others, go ahead and let them copy your math homework instead. KIDDING! (Not really)

-Hydrate and eat well.

water.

Pretty obvious. In regards to hydration, water is your best bet, but tea and juice are pretty good too. And for a quick and easy way to get some vitamins and nutrients, eating fruits and vegetables are the way to go.

-Disinfect!

lysol.

Did you know your cell phone is one of the germiest things you come in contact with all day? Or that your steering wheel can be carrying billions of bacteria without you even knowing it? Which is why disinfecting the things you come in contact with the most is extremely important. Because when you touch your awesome, germ ridden iPhone to your face to take a phone call….you’re basically setting yourself up for illness. And ain’t nobody got time for that.

Are you surprised by all of my infinite wisdom on this subject? Well, you shouldn’t be! I know I am just sooooo smart and full of useless information, but most of this information is pretty common sense. We all just forget to use our heads sometimes. (story of my life) So stay smart and you’ll be healthy this winter season! Oh, and someone please remind me to do the same!

See ya!

Torie