Back on campus!

Happy 2014 everyone! Hope you’re looking freshly at life and all its trials.

Family:) Ryan, my brother, Brittany, my cousin, me, Vanessa, my sister.

Family:)
Ryan, my brother, Brittany, my cousin, me, Vanessa, my sister.

I’ve always said that I’ve lived in the same place my entire life, and that’s true- well it was. Over winter break, at home, it was different than when I lived there and from when I went back for Thanksgiving and a couple of weekends. I felt kind of awkward, directionless; I guess you could even say a tad bit depressed. Don’t get me wrong, I had TOO much fun with my family and friends but something just felt off about it all. My room was the same, my family members and close friends for the most part were the same, my dogs were the same, but I wasn’t.

I wrote my first couple entries about living at SXU and about how it was so truly different than anything

Kolin and I. The day we left for winter break.

Kolin and I.
The day we left for winter break.

I’d ever experienced before. But something I failed to realize, and didn’t really see until I was back is this place truly became my home. I have strengthened my spiritual practice, learned more, seen more, met more people who have shown me different facets of humanity; I have changed, and I will venture to say it has been for the better. It’s so nice being back here and my break hit just the spot! I feel refreshed and ready to get that 4.0 that I missed last semester by 1 B! I’ve revamped my room and added more decorative aspects that make it even more lovely and homie to be here.

The Saint Xavier student organizations and staff have also really done an exceptional job at welcoming us back too. There has been so many free cookies and hot chocolate, there was an ice skating outing with a free ride to millennium park, my teachers have all been easy on the homework and didn’t have full classes the other day, and tonight there is free pizza and comedy! This semester will prove to be an interesting one and I’m excited to see where it will take me.

I hope you are all successful in your endeavors!