Resolutions

Hey Everyone,

Freaks and geeks! <3

Freaks and geeks! <3

I hope you all had a wonderful winter break filled with lots of relaxation and rest! I definitely took full advantage of all the time off doing tons of fun and interesting things! HAHA, who am I kidding? I basically laid in bed all day binge watching American Horror Story & Freaks and Geeks on Netflix. I occasionally got out of bed to eat, and workout, and shower…but that was only when I became so disgusted at my laziness that I just HAD to do something more productive.

That being said, I really did not miss the hustle and bustle of college life. At all. As soon as I moved back on campus for spring semester RA training, my schedule began piling up. Classes, work, meetings, programming, extra-curricular activities, homework….is your head spinning yet? Because mine sure is. And it definitely was last semester. I found myself basically just running through the motions of every day life. Not really being present. Just hoping that the day would hurry up and be over with. For the first time ever, I actually wished life would speed up. I wanted to rush through my junior year. I wanted senior year to get here already so I could graduate and go to grad school. I wanted to be done with the monotony of college life.

Yeah, I was surprised at myself too. The last time I wanted to grow up so badly was when I was younger and thought that it would be soooo fun and easy to be an adult. (This was obviously before I knew that grown ups pay taxes, work long hours, and have a mortgage to worry about..I was definitely a very sheltered child.)

But As 2014 approached and everyone began making New Years resolutions about their health and fitness, I decided to make mine about something completely different.

Some of the people I love the most in my life.

Some of the people I cherish the most in my life.

This year, I’m striving to live in the moment. To stop thinking about the busy weeks ahead of me and focus on what’s happening right here, right now. Everyone gets burnt out, and it’s basically an inevitable part of anyone’s college career. But what’s important is that you realize that in order to live a happy life, you have to take care of yourself. You have to appreciate the little moments in life, cherish the people around you, and let go of things out of your control.

No matter what 2014 will have in store for you, good or bad, please always remember to live in the moment…because it’s the only thing in life that is for certain.

keep calm

That’s Latin for “seize the day”, in case you were wondering.