sxu campus

Hello everyone! I hope that everyone had a great weekend with no stress or drama. I also hope that everyone enjoyed the Super Bowl as well, at least the halftime performance with Bruno Mars. I can honestly say that, that was one of the most boring Super Bowl that I’ve ever watched. The game was over before it even got started. The commercials weren’t much better. Only two or maybe three commercials I liked. The rest of the commercial was just a waste of time! A few events at SXU and this weekend/week coming up might get rid of the bad taste in my mouth from watching the game this past Sunday.

Over at SXU, if your major or intended major is Communications like myself, than this upcoming event this Thursday will be perfect for you! Saint Xavier will be having professionals from the professional media and communications field stop by and offer tips and information on how to land your first media job. This event should very interesting and give everyone the ability to make network connections as well! It starts at 6pm in the Butler Reception Room at the Warde Academic Building. Should be a great event that everyone should come out to.

On Friday at the Career Services Modular Unit at 2pm, another event will be taking place on internship workshops. This event will prepare and show everyone how to land that dream internship! Also, Black History Month events will be taking place as well. From lectures, to movie viewings. Not to mention a trip to the DuSable Museum later this month to learn about African-American history. Great events as always at SXU!2 chainz concert

This weekend, there will also be events going on in Chicago to give you a break from classes as well! Rapper 2 Chainz will be bringing his tour to the Chicago Theatre on February 7th. He also will be performing will rapper Pusha T as well. Should be a nice concert to go out and support.

auto show

The Chicago Auto Show will also be taking place from February 8th through the 17th. It will be at the McCormick Place and this event always has a huge turnout. People go to checkout some of the newest cars that will be coming out. Even if it might be a little bit out of your budget, it’s still nice to dream! Who knows, it might be motivation for you as well! It’s always a good showing at the event, so you wouldn’t want to miss it.

disney on ice

If you’re looking for something that you and your family can enjoy, look no further than the Disney On Ice: Let’s  Celebrate event. It’ll be Thursday at the United Center. People can see some of their favorite Disney characters ice-skating and all! Should be tons of fun for the little ones.

I hope that everyone has a great week and weekend! I hope that everyone is safe and acts responsible if you do decide to go out this weekend as well!