Torie’s Top Tunes

I know I’ve already done a music blog before, but recently, music has been pushing me through a lot of things. Whether it be a bad day, while I’m in the gym, or on my Spring Break Service Trip…I’ve been jamming these songs and albums nonstop. And I decided to share them with you! Hopefully these can spice up your iTunes and get you through whatever you may be going through in your life.

YTG

Young the Giant – Mind Over Matter (album)
So, so, so good. I bought it a few weeks ago and I can’t stop listening to it! My favorite tracks are Mind Over Matter and Anagram.

John Denver
I’m not a big country or oldies fan, but John Denver’s music is phenomenal. It’s so uplifting and it makes me wish summer were here so I could drive with the windows down, blasting his songs, with the warm sunshine all around me.

Miracles – Norwegian Recycling
Heard this on my service at Naz Farm in WV a few weeks ago (you’ll hear more about that next blog) and it instantly brightens my mood. They mashed a whole bunch of songs together to make this one…so it samples artists like Michael Jackson, JT, Survivor, Gnarls Barkley, etc. If you’re having a bad day, this is a good song to turn it around.

PANIC

Panic! At the Disco – Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die (album)
Everyone remembers this band, right? Well, they’re pretty different now from when they first started with their breakout song, I Write Sins Not Tragedies way back in 2005. This album is basically the Brendan Urie one man show now since most members have left the band, but in all honesty…he doesn’t really need anyone else but himself. Because this album is pretty great. Definitely a must have if you like electronic, synthy, pop punky music.

A Day to Remember – Same Book, But Never the Same Page
The lyrics are what make me like this song so much. And the fact that it’s angry and loud enough for me to blast in the gym to pump me up.

The Fray – Hold My Hand
I wanted to put their whole new album on here, but I figured the stand out track off of it would do just fine. It’s the “typical Fray” style that they normally stick to, but it has enough differences to make it sound new and refreshing.

ALBUM.

The 1975 – The City
This band is gaining more popularity here in America & I’m really happy about it. You can hear the lead singer’s accent while he’s singing (something I greatly appreciate) and it’ll make ya wanna get up and dance. You can check the 1975 out at Lollapalooza this summer!

Jenny & Tyler – This is Just So Beautiful
Again, the lyrics are what draw me to this song. It’s about forgiveness, moving on, and realizing the beauty in life. Try not to cry the first time you listen to it…I bet you won’t be able to!

The Calling – Our Lives
Throwing it back to the 2000’s with this one! I can’t remember where I first heard this song…but the lyrics mean more to me now than they did all those years ago.
“Cause these are the days worth living.
These are the years we’re given.
And these are the moments, these are the times.
Let’s make the best out of our lives.”

FOB

Fall Out Boy – Save Rock and Roll (album)
I have been a hot and cold fan of FOB since I can remember first listening to their music, but I think this new album persuaded me to start appreciating their music a little more. Fall Out Boy parted ways a few years back, and the hiatus definitely gave them some time to come back bigger and better than ever. This whole album is just really, REALLY good. And there’s even a cameo on the title track from Sir Elton John. Can it get any better???

Happy listening y’all!