After a long, hard winter…filled multiple below zero days and TONS of snow…spring weather has finally arrived! Even though it’s been raining for the past few days and the sunshine is limited, I couldn’t be happier to know that summer is coming. After perusing Buzzfeed a little & finding a lot of great articles about summer 2014, I stumbled on one that was actually really awesome. It’s titled, The 58 Best Summer Sensations, and here are a few of the examples that they gave.
- The balmy breeze of a still night
- The relieving coolness of an air conditioned movie theater on a hot day
- The feeling of the sun
- Getting caught in a warm thunderstorm
- The taste of sweet, ripe fruit
- Taking off your bathing suit in the evening and seeing the milky lines between your newly darkened skin
- A sudden, refreshing breeze through an open window
- The familiar childhood sound of the ice cream truck
- The race of eating ice cream in a cone before it starts to drip and melt around your fingers
- Remembering what it’s like to be a kid on summer vacation
- Feeling healthy and alive after playing a sport outside
- The total freedom of running barefoot on soft, dewy grass
- The smell of barbecue glazed meat roasting on an open grill
- The choral symphony of cicadas at night
- The fragrant smell of sunscreen
- The thrill of riding roller coasters
- The unmistakable smell of freshly cut grass
- The feelings of warmth that envelopes you as you walk out of a freezing cold building
School has been a MAJOR bummer this semester so needless to say, I cannot waittttt to get these last few weeks of the school year outta the way…and get to beautiful summer!!! I need warm weather, a tan, and lots and lots of free time more than anything else. Well, maybe not more than I need my student loans paid off, but it’s pretty close.
Thanks for reading!
PS, if you want to check out the full article, here’s the link! http://www.buzzfeed.com/dianabruk/the-best-summer-sensations