Welcome To My Blog!

I would like to start off by welcoming everyone to my blog and expressing my excitement about being a Saint Xavier University student blogger this year! I always feel as though it’s easier to understand someone’s thoughts and ideas if you know a little bit of their background. So, I am going to take this opportunity to introduce myself and give you a few fun facts about my life.

My name is Bridget Goedke, I am currently a Junior here at Saint Xavier. I am studying communications, but focusing on journalism and online communication. As you can see, blogging is right up my alley! I live on campus with my twin sister and two best friends. Those three people are very important in my life both in school and outside of school. We can be rather loud, but we have a lot of fun and we’re always laughing about something.

My twin sister and I with our friends last year at "SXU Late Night"

When I’m not here at school, I’m at home with my wonderful family. My family is the most important thing in my life. My hometown is only about forty-five minutes from campus so I’m lucky enough to be able to see my family a lot, even during the school year. Living here in Chicago and also in the suburbs really gives me access to best of both worlds as far as events and culture go.

As far as my life here on campus, my friends and I love to get involved. I am currently the Senior Viewpoints Editor for the University’s newspaper, the Xavierite. That takes up a lot of my time.  I hope to pursue a career in journalism and I know the Xavierite is excellent preparation. My friends and I are also very committed to Mercy Students for Peace and Justice, which is a student organization that works for change and justice both within the university and the community.

When we’re not busy working hard towards our career goals or trying to change the world, we love to go to campus events and we’re avid supporters of the football and soccer teams. We also like to spend time off campus going shopping, eating and seeing what kind of adventures we can find around this area. I’d say I’m a pretty average college student, I work hard towards my goals and I try to make the most of my youth and my free time.

So far, this semester has been more difficult than any other. My assignments and responsibilities are piling up and junior year really requires you to make some difficult decisions about your future. There’s certainly still room for fun, but I’ve found that the further you get into college, the more you have to start focusing on the road ahead. I’m looking forward to sharing my experiences and ideas with you this semester! Here’s to a new school year!

imagesPBWAE8JX

About Bridget Goedke

Hi everyone! I am currently a Senior communication major at Saint Xavier University! This is my second year blogging for the Cougar Diaries and I am very excited to continue sharing my story! I tend to blog a lot about my classes, happenings in and around SXU, my relationship with my identical twin sister, my family and friends and anything that I can't seem to get out of my head! I am graduating in May and preparing myself for life outside of SXU. So I invite you to join me as I embark on the final lap of my college career!