Downtown Weekend Adventures

My weekend started on Friday after my last class. It was 1 p.m. and I could not wait to get home. I practically ran to my car, threw my purse in the passenger seat and drove off. I knew it was going to be a great day when I didn’t find parking in the front lot of school and I was already running late. I usually never look for parking by the bookstore parking lot so I don’t know why I did that day… and… drum roll please… I FOUND A PARKING SPOT! It was a great surprise. It was closest to my class which was on the 3rd floor of the WAC. I was still late to class… but we didn’t have a quiz! I think… so… It was a good day I would say :)

On this day, Friday, October 10th, 2014. I was with Michael eating Burger King… I recently cancelled my Netflix membership so we couldn’t watch that. Michael suggested Hulu. We usually watch TV while we eat, it’s a habit now. I was swiping through the promotion banners that come up when you get to the home page and I found a TV show that I had been dying to watch! We watched the first two episodes because who cares about homework and studying for exams right?

TV show advertisement

TV show advertisement

OMG! This show is intense! I have a dream of becoming a lawyer so watching this is just so intriguing! I love it! The 3rd episode is for Hulu Plus only right now if not I so would have watched it! It is a great show and I totally recommend it to any law student. Just in case, you know… Anyone wants to get away with murder.

On Saturday, Micheal and I went on a double date with his aunt and uncle who came in from California. I feel like they really understand our relationship because they too are a mixed couple. Michael is white and I am Mexican and his uncle is white and his aunt is black. We all just got along so well. I loved having a day out getting to know them.

Lake Shore View with Aunt Cheryl & I

Lake Shore View with Aunt Cheryl & I

Our 6 months together downtown with the Lake Shore View behind us

Sunday Morning my family and I went to Denny’s for breakfast and it was a super longgg wait but it was well worth it in the end. We went to the Chicago Ridge Mall after and I’ve been struggling a lot lately with my size. I have a lot of jeans and shorts that no longer fit me. It really depresses me and makes it harder for me to want to change my body type. We first stopped in Sears where I looked for pants but I didn’t really find anything I liked. The main reason we went was because our desktop computer broke and we think getting a laptop would be more convenient. We looked in Sears and Best Buy but I didn’t see anything worth our investment. I also stopped into Forever 21 and got a pair of jeans because they were on sale. The $7.90 pairs were all sizes that didn’t fit any longer. I was a 27 and I am now a 28/29. We went into Aeropostale looking for hoodies but no luck. They were cute but the bigger the size the wider they got. Talk about unattractive. My dad was shopping for hats for the kids. I have two little brothers and they both got a fitted cap. They’re so cute. Here they are.

Our trip to the Field Museum

Our trip to the Field Museum

My dad bought me a bear winter hat. It’s super warm and I love it! It is super warm and I am a huge Bears fan!

Chicago Bears

This week is the UNIDOS Dance! Don’t forget to come out and join us!

UNIDOS Dance Flyer

Follow UNIDOS on social Media!

UNIDOS Social Media

I hope everyone is having a great time! Good Luck on Midterms!

God Bless You All!

Peace, Love, and School ;)