Just Another College Week, Great People, Great Memories!

small group!Hello everyone! So, over each of the last couple of weeks, I have been trying to highlight someone I’ve gotten to know while attending Saint Xavier University. For this week, I am choosing the amazing Lauren Knepper. I met Lauren through Quest, the freshman retreat. She was my great small group leader, who led my amazing group! She is one of the most beautiful people on this campus, and whenever I need someone to talk to, or just need a joke in life, she is the right woman to talk to! She has been through so much, and I really never see her without a smile on her face! She is a junior and a nursing major student, and I know someday she will make a fabulous nurse helping so many people, just like in college! I couldn’t imagine her not being here! It’s a good thing I get another year after this one to see her around campus and look up to her! (To the right is my small group, Lauren wearing tie-dye)

This week I attended my first MSPJ meeting (Mercy Students for Peace and Justice)! It was really interesting to know how much they are involved in not only our school but also our communities. This is the group in charge of the Broadview trips! We are answering the call of our fundamental human concern for others by following the example of our Mercy Tradition.

At its most basic level, MSPJ draws inspiration from our collective human desire to alleviate the suffering of our fellow human beings. They empathize with other people and long to relieve their suffering. MSPJ strives to encourage and nurture that concern for others and channel it into contemplation and action so that we may better ourselves, our families, our community, and our world.MSPJ

They draw inspiration from the Sisters of Mercy, the religious order that founded Saint Xavier University. The special characteristic of the Mercy mission includes a consideration for, and service to, the poor and marginalized of society. The Mercy tradition emphasizes compassion, concern and action. MSPJ invites students, faculty and friends to embrace this tradition and draw upon it in their lives. I will for sure let y’all know what activities they have going on in the upcoming weeks with dates and information!

This Monday marks the beginning of sign ups for the service trips for Spring Break! So head over to Campus Ministry on Monday and hear what they have to say! I really hope I can!

Also this coming Tuesday nigFreak showht at 9:15 at McGuire Hall everyone needs to attend the SXU unscripted improv traveling circus presenting the Halloween Spooktacular III: Freak Show! Like I said a couple of weeks ago, its too funny for words so everyone must attend! If you can’t tell, I’m excited for this week! And it doesn’t hurt that classes are cancelled on Tuesday for Faculty Professional Development Day! Hope everyone has a lovely week! Have a nice sleep in day on Tuesday!