Happy Thanksgiving!

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is staying focused for these last few days before we get a short break for Thanksgiving. I know I am looking forward to going home, spending time with my family and eating home cooked meals. As expected, Thanksgiving has me thinking about all the wonderful blessings I have in my life. I am very fortunate and I rarely recognize it. So, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I thought I would share some of things I am most thankful for and I encourage everyone else to do the same, or at the very least spend a few moments thinking about them over the next few days.

1. My family – I am beyond lucky to have a fantastic support system. College life can be a bit of a roller coaster as you make major life decisions and my parents, sisters and brother have always stood by me, despite my indecisiveness. I am also very lucky to be supported financially, a lot of students do not get that luxury.

family

2. My friends – I am not exaggerating when I say that I have the best friends a girl could ask for. I have a group of people with whom I can be completely myself, which is rare. And, we’re always laughing, those have been some of the most memorable moments of my college experience thus far.

friends

3. My Father – Even though my dad passed away suddenly a little over a year ago, I am beyond thankful for the twenty wonderful years I got to spend with him, all of the things he taught me, his endless love and support and his presence and influence in my life even to this day. Not every girl is fortunate enough to have a great relationship with her dad. My dad was and is my hero and one of my best friends.

father

4. My school/education – I often take for granted how fortunate I am to be working towards my college degree. Because of the high cost of tuition, so many people will never hold that diploma in their hands. Although it is hard work, I have been given a great opportunity to learn and prepare myself for my future career.

5. Writing – Although it sounds like work (and it is) I am so thankful that I have been given the gift and the opportunity to write and share my thoughts, feelings and experiences with the world through this blog and my newspaper column (and hopefully on a much larger scale someday). It is a privilege to have the eyes, ears and attention of those who read what I write. It is not always easy to share your life with people you don’t even know, it puts you in a vulnerable place. But, I have been fortunate enough to receive a great deal of support, acceptance and approval from those who read my blog and column. Thank you!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Thanksgiving-Image

About Bridget Goedke

Hi everyone! I am currently a Senior communication major at Saint Xavier University! This is my second year blogging for the Cougar Diaries and I am very excited to continue sharing my story! I tend to blog a lot about my classes, happenings in and around SXU, my relationship with my identical twin sister, my family and friends and anything that I can't seem to get out of my head! I am graduating in May and preparing myself for life outside of SXU. So I invite you to join me as I embark on the final lap of my college career!