Bringing the Semester to a Close

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I was lucky enough to spend my holiday with family that I love, I have so much to be thankful for! I split my five day break between my house in the south suburbs and my sister’s house on the north side. It’s very nice to be able to spend so much time with my family, but the traveling can be exhausting, especially as a resident student. It seems like I spend quite a bit of time packing and unpacking around the holidays.

thanksgiving

Now that Thanksgiving is over my family and I are in Christmas mode. We spent all of Sunday putting up our tree and my mother and sister spent all of Friday searching for Black Friday deals. I opted out of Black Friday shopping this year and I am glad I did, as much as I love Christmas shopping, I hate crowds. Instead of shopping in the stores, the past few years I have found online shopping to be quite useful. The Monday following Thanksgiving has been adequately named “Cyber Monday”. Many businesses offer free shipping on items bought online on this day and various other deals on holiday purchases. I’ve bought a few great gifts online already from the comfort of my own home, can’t beat that!

I traveled back to Saint Xavier early this morning (not without a few minor glitches) to finish the last two weeks of the semester. I have several papers, projects and exams to complete over the next few weeks so I anticipate a lot of stress and busy days and nights are right around the corner. I am looking forward to completing my courses and enjoying a long winter break.

Good luck to all college students during finals week and I hope everyone has a fun, restful and peaceful holiday! Stay warm!

Christmas-Tree-Decorations

About Bridget Goedke

Hi everyone! I am currently a Senior communication major at Saint Xavier University! This is my second year blogging for the Cougar Diaries and I am very excited to continue sharing my story! I tend to blog a lot about my classes, happenings in and around SXU, my relationship with my identical twin sister, my family and friends and anything that I can't seem to get out of my head! I am graduating in May and preparing myself for life outside of SXU. So I invite you to join me as I embark on the final lap of my college career!