A New Year, A New Start to the School Year!

Hello everyone, I hope you all had an amazing winter break and first week back at school! For winter break I went back home to cold snowy Minnesota to hang out with familybrit and i and friends, and even though it was so nice not to have any school work to do, it feels so good to be back to the windy city! Saint Xavier has really became my home away from home. Being back for this first week was so relaxing but stressful! It was so nice to be back with my roommate and getting to see all of my SXU family, but is it just me or are the first two days back super stressful? Going over the syllabi for all of my classes, realizing that I need to do so much, it’s overwhelming! I think it gets better over the week, and by this upcoming week I think I will be back in the swing of things! (Picture to the top left is my roommate Brittany and I at Gilhooley’s over the week, happy to be back.)nena

Over break my youngest sister had her golden birthday of six years old! Her birthday was themed Garfield because he is one of her favorite shows right now. While over break we got to bake a ton, have many pajama movie days, teaching her how to make snowflakes with paper, and so much fun sledding together! (Picture to the right is Luna and I making snowflakes by the Christmas tree.)

Quest sign ups are hapeaceppening right now! Freshman and transfer students should look into going! It is a great experience to meet other SXU students while also making great memories! Also at SXU this week we have Martin Luther King Jr. Week, filled pack with daily activities and events! This Friday there is going to be Broadview which is what I am looking most forward to! Broadview is one of my favorite things about our school, so if you want to know more about our broken immigration system please attend!

Today, January 18 was my birthday! It started with my boyfriend treating mebirthday to a late brunch to later going having dinner at Todoroki, which is now my favorite place for hibachi now! It was so good, and to top off my lovely birthday away from home, we got to have Andy’s Frozen Custard! Even though I missed being home for my birthday it was still pretty nice of a birthday! (Jon and I at dinner eating amazing food.)