Good morning SXU!
I hope the holidays were wonderful for you and you got to spend lots of time relaxing and eating and just doing nothing.
Now that 2015 is here, it is time to set goals for yourself, manage your time, and reach for them. We are now entering the spring semester. That means another step closer to graduation and becoming adults with careers. Doesn’t that sound great?!
Here’s how to have a great semester with rocking grades!
1. READ YOUR SYLLABUS FOR EVERY SINGLE CLASS!
2. MAKE SURE YOU GO TO EVERY SINGLE CLASS!
3. GET ORGANIZED! Use a planner to write down due dates and homework assignments. Get a notebook to write down notes. Make sure you are neat and you understand what you’re writing. Phrasing is very important when given a big load of information and you need the main idea(s). Color coding with higlighters or color pens makes everything fun and pretty. Make sure that you have a classmates phone number, email, or facebook in case you need to get in touch with someone.
4. MANAGE YOUR TIME! Use your planner to schedule time to read, do homework, study, and socialize. Remember that school comes first so when you’re supposed to be reading, actually read and not read facebook statuses or tweets. It’s okay to say “no” to going out if you have work to do. Making lists is a fun way to make sure you don’t miss anything.
5. STUDY SMART! Find a good place to study where you will focus and not get distracted. Get started as soon as possible and do not procrastinate. Figure out how you learn best (hands on, rereading, flash cards, listening to the lecture again, etc.). Organize how you’re going to study.
6. BE SUCCESSFUL! Do all your work & complete assignments. Sit in front of the class. Be on time. Participate! Communicate with your professors and establish good relationships with them and they’ll usually give you the benefit of the doubt (although not all of them will). Use services available like tutoring, open labs, etc.
Once you get the grades you want, you can reward yourself. that’s the best part. Make sure you have a great, fun semester!