Happy Valentine’s Day!

Welcome back,

Happy Valentine’s Day to all! I just returned from the grocery store where the florist and candy aisles were VERY busy!

I hope everyone is enjoying their day (whether you have a significant other or not) because any day that gives us a chance to remind the people in our lives that they are important to us is a good day in my book!

On Thursday, I attempted to make some Valentine’s Day fudge. My family has made fudge for years and I’ve even made it myself a few times (with my mom standing over my shoulder), but this was the first time I tried to make it completely on my own, no help from mom. I wish I could say that it turned out great, but in actuality, I failed….miserably. I thought fudge was easy enough to make, but it turns out that it is a very temperature-sensitive recipe and if you don’t get it just right well…now I know what happens. It was frustrating at the time, but I had a good laugh about it later. I’ve inherited a lot of great qualities from my mom, but her cooking/baking skills are certainly not among them.

My Valentine’s plans were not a total flop because I got to try out a great new restaurant! I was driving down 99th street one day and noticed a new restaurant had popped up. After further research, I determined that it was a new Irish Pub called Porter and Cullens. We selected this restaurant for our Valentine’s Day dinner (which actually occurred on February 13th to avoid the crowds) and we were pleasantly surprised. The restaurant is quaint and decorated in modern pub style. The food was delicious! Its just a minute or two from campus, in fact, you could probably walk there on a nice day. So I’ll include the link to their website for anyone that wants more details.

roses

Happy Valentine’s Day!

http://portercullens.com/

About Bridget Goedke

Hi everyone! I am currently a Senior communication major at Saint Xavier University! This is my second year blogging for the Cougar Diaries and I am very excited to continue sharing my story! I tend to blog a lot about my classes, happenings in and around SXU, my relationship with my identical twin sister, my family and friends and anything that I can't seem to get out of my head! I am graduating in May and preparing myself for life outside of SXU. So I invite you to join me as I embark on the final lap of my college career!