Midterm Stress, Life Crisis, & My Struggles

As we dive into the second week of February, we are quickly approaching mid-terms. Because there are no definite dates for mid-terms like there are for finals, teachers have the liberty to assign or not assign exams, projects, papers, etc.

As a criminal justice major, our teachers like to throw books at us. HAHA! We read chapters and chapters of tons of different books for one week of classes. Luckily they are also the most interesting classes that are offered at Saint Xavier. I am so in love with my major. It makes me wonder why I didn’t switch earlier or start off as a criminal justice major. The hardest class I have to take this semester is Criminology, or crime theories. This class requires so much from you and it doesn’t help that I’m taking 18 credit hours.

Live a happy life.

Live a happy life.

I continue to struggle with time management and study skills and a bunch of other things. Although I can’t complain about how bad I have it I know, it’s just something I’ll have to keep working at. I also work on campus and my schedule is not pretty. I cannot sleep anymore. I’m up as early as 5:30am almost everyday and go to bed as late as 1am almost everyday. Being a commuter is hard, but so is life. So I suck it up. LOL

It will all be okay.

It will all be okay.

Life at home isn’t always the best either. I have 3 siblings, 1 younger sister and 2 little brothers. I may share a room with my sister, who is a senior in high school, but we don’t talk to all. We just do our own thing. My two little brothers stress me out! They listen to YouTube videos on their tablets for hours at full volume. My parents aren’t always there for me when I wish I had someone to talk to. They are busy with the kids or not at home. I usually turn to Michael for support (but even boyfriends can be a handful).

With so many things constantly trying to pull you down, you have to remember to stay positive and keep your head up. God will get you through whatever he has planned for you. Pray and have faith.

10 scientific ways on how to be happy

10 scientific ways on how to be happy