Dance to Dance

girls formalHope everyone is transitioning back into the swing of things! This past week has been so busy and so much has been going on that I can’t wait for this upcoming week because I am telling myself it will be less busy. . . (This is called living in denial.  I know this.) . . Still, it was a great week!

This Friday, I had a lovely time with great people at the Spring Formal; it was so much fun! My beautiful roommate and I got ready together and took pictures with ourban dates. This dance is now the seventh dance that I have gone to with my boyfriend and it never gets old, it amazes me how much fun it still is, if not more! And the food was amazing as well.  One of my favorite parts of dances is seeing everyone all dressed up and fancy! The music was a great mixture and there were two levels for dancing, so if you didn’t like one song, then you could go to the next! And the view while we were on the Odyssey’s observation deck was so beautiful, getting to travel the shore and see the lights of downtown and the north shore was absolutely amazing. By the end of the night, though, my feet were killing me, so I was pretty happy to call it a night and reunite with my bed. . .

The following day I had the opportunity to attend the Presidential Scholarship Ball with student ambassadors, S.T.R.O.N.G. members, and staff in hope of raising moneyball' to aid with scholarships. For those of you who do not know, every single student at Saint Xavier University has a scholarship, which if you think about is a big deal! This was such a great experience and I had so much fun being able to take part in it. I got to see so many important faces from President Wiseman to the mayor in Arizona for the town where our new location is to my boss for Cougar Diaries itself, Laura Richardella to Mrs. Spelman who is in charge of the elementary and middle level for education. I also got to meet so many more chair positions in the education department, it was such a great experience! Getting to meet so many of the people who help aid not just me, but all of the Saint Xavier students was an honor.  We are all so thankful for them. After the lovely dinner and auction, we were able to get everyone on the dance floor and had a blast!

I hope everyone has a great week and good luck with all of your classes! Hopefully the warmth stays with us and soon summer shall be upon us!