Spring Cleaning

Hi everyone,

It’s been a very busy week for me with lots of projects and papers all due within days of each other! I am very much looking forward to having a couple of days off for Easter break.

That being said, despite the lack of warm weather, I’ve been doing some spring cleaning in the little amount of down time that I’ve had. Every spring I get the urge to organize and reduce clutter in every aspect of my life. I’ve found that in order to keep my mind clear and focused, I have to get rid of the things I don’t need every once in while.

One of the organizational projects I have been slowly working on is an email inbox clean-up. If you’re like me, you get anywhere from 5 to 20 emails a day and never take the time to delete messages that are no longer relevant. It makes it really difficult to find the information you need when your inbox is constantly flooded with outdated emails. So, I’ve been taking a few minutes each day to clean up my inbox and select the important messages that I want to keep. It’s been helping me reduce the clutter and remember to respond to messages in a timely manner.

closet

I’ve also started sorting through old clothes and shoes. As I’ve mentioned in previous posts, I am a big fan of buying used clothes and donating clothes when you no longer want them. However, I find myself hanging on to clothes I never wear because in the back of my mind I am always thinking “But what if I need this someday?” I have been making an effort to think critically about the amount of clothes I have versus the amount of clothes I really need and selecting items to donate. For someone like me that moves back and forth between school and home a lot and is constantly packing bags, less is more.

I made one last major change, a spring haircut! I have had very long hair for many months, but its time for a change. It was a tough decision and parting with my long locks was difficult, but I am glad I did it. I ended up cutting about 9 or 10 inches off!

PicMonkey Collage

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! About six more weeks until summer break for us SXU students, we’re in the home stretch!

About Bridget Goedke

Hi everyone! I am currently a Senior communication major at Saint Xavier University! This is my second year blogging for the Cougar Diaries and I am very excited to continue sharing my story! I tend to blog a lot about my classes, happenings in and around SXU, my relationship with my identical twin sister, my family and friends and anything that I can't seem to get out of my head! I am graduating in May and preparing myself for life outside of SXU. So I invite you to join me as I embark on the final lap of my college career!