Summer… Here I Come!

Hi everyone,

Well, there is nothing all that exciting going on in my life right now other than preparation for finals and move out day. We are heading into our last week of classes and then finals will be upon us. As it stands right now, I don’t have any final exams per say. But, I do have to create a website, give three presentations, complete a final research assignment and craft my senior project proposal all within the next two weeks (in creating that list I realized how much I actually have to do). That is the life of a communication major! It is going to be a busy week!

I plan to spend whatever spare time I have getting my room packed up (which is no easy task) and spending some quality time with my friends since we’ll be parting ways for the summer. I am also looking forward to attending the Scarlet and Gray awards this Tuesday. At this awards ceremony, Saint Xavier honors outstanding student leaders and student organizations. Although I am not receiving an award, I am honored to be invited. I have attended the ceremony for the past two years and it’s always a nice evening and delicious meal. I plan to have a few pictures from that to post to the blog next week.

Some of the things getting me through this busy and stressful time are thoughts of being home with my family for an extended period of time, warm weather, seeing my friends from home and returning to my summer job. I am lucky enough to have a summer job that has brought me some really great friends and memories over the past few years so it’s always a pleasure and a nice change of pace returning there.

One of my family's favorite beaches in Michigan

One of my family’s favorite beaches in Michigan

That’s all for now folks! I am wishing the best of luck to all college students preparing for the last few weeks of the semester. I hope everyone’s hard work pays off!

About Bridget Goedke

Hi everyone! I am currently a Senior communication major at Saint Xavier University! This is my second year blogging for the Cougar Diaries and I am very excited to continue sharing my story! I tend to blog a lot about my classes, happenings in and around SXU, my relationship with my identical twin sister, my family and friends and anything that I can't seem to get out of my head! I am graduating in May and preparing myself for life outside of SXU. So I invite you to join me as I embark on the final lap of my college career!