Welcome Back: A Senior Year Status Update

Welcome back to my blog!

I would just like to start off by saying that I am very excited to be sharing my life via the Cougar Diaries again and I am very grateful for all those that follow my journey!

I am going to use this first blog as an opportunity to get everyone up to speed on what I’ve been up to for the past four months.

As you know, I left Saint Xavier in early May and moved back home for the summer. I spent most of my summer working as a supervisor at the public pool in my hometown. I’ve worked there for several summers now, but this was my first year in a leadership position. Although it was challenging at times, I learned so much and gained a wealth of knowledge and experience. I was also given the chance to run the social media pages for the pool which is right up my alley and something I definitely want to incorporate into my career. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, you can find a way to make almost anything a learning opportunity and tailor it to fit your future plans. I am excited to put this experience on my resume!

I packed up and moved back to Saint Xavier at the end of August to begin my fourth and final year at SXU. Graduating from college always seemed like something that was so far in the distance, but alas, it is within reach. I moved into an apartment near school this year and I am very pleased to be escaping dorm life. I loved my three years of dorm living, but there is something very liberating about having an apartment.

My plans for this year will include a lot of work on my Senior Project. After much contemplation, I have decided to do an original research paper on social media and online disinhibition. If you’re not sure what that means, it’s just communication jargon for exploring why we say what we say and do what we do on social media. I know this project is going to take up most of my time and energy over the next year so I am certain it will come up again in my blogs…and again…and again…and again.

Me and my friends sitting in our apartment before our Homecoming celebration

As many of you probably know, this past weekend Saint Xavier celebrated homecoming! I was unable to attend the football game this year, but I did attend the homecoming soccer game and got watch some of my good friends bring home an exciting win! I later had a nice night out with my friends and made some great memories!

Two weeks ago I went to my first professional baseball game and see the Chicago White Sox win against the Twins! What an experience! Just one of the many perks of going to school in Chicago!

My sister and I at U.S. Cellular Field for our first White Sox Game!

That’s just a brief synopsis of the past few weeks, but I plan to go into more detail as the weeks continue. I am excited to see what’s in store for this year and I can’t wait to share it with my readers!

Until next time!

About Bridget Goedke

Hi everyone! I am currently a Senior communication major at Saint Xavier University! This is my second year blogging for the Cougar Diaries and I am very excited to continue sharing my story! I tend to blog a lot about my classes, happenings in and around SXU, my relationship with my identical twin sister, my family and friends and anything that I can't seem to get out of my head! I am graduating in May and preparing myself for life outside of SXU. So I invite you to join me as I embark on the final lap of my college career!