College Student By Day, Zombie Killer By Night

I’ve realized that one of my favorite things about writing this blog is that I get to sit down and reflect on my week and really process everything that happened. In a world that is so fast-paced and technology driven it’s nice to just sit and think for a minute.

That being said, my week itself was not all that eventful. Academically, it was pretty taxing because I had a midterm paper due Tuesday and another one due Friday and I have a 30 source annotated bibliography due tomorrow, so I spent a lot of the week with my face buried in my laptop. I don’t have classes on Thursdays so it’s normally my time to relax a little and catch up on whatever I’ve put off, but this past Thursday, I spent the entire day working on my annotated bibliography. I didn’t even step foot outside of my apartment for a full 24 hours. I understand the value, but that kind of repetitive work is maddening after a while. I’ll be relieved to submit this assignment next week and move on.

As I mentioned in my last blog, I will be turning 22 on Wednesday! It is unlikely that I will have any time to celebrate in the middle of the week so my friends and I did a couple fun things this weekend. We traveled to my home in the south suburbs and visited a nearby landscaping company that turns into a creepy and exciting fall activity at night… Zombie Paintball! Nothing says mature and sophisticated 22-year-old woman like shooting people in zombie masks with a paintball gun. I have never done anything like this before so I was a little nervous, but I had a blast! Sometimes it’s good to do something that makes you feel like a kid again! The company is based out of Monee, IL, and the family that runs it is wonderful! You can tell they’ve put a lot of work into making this event something anyone can enjoy. In addition to paintball, there’s also corn cannons, a haunted trail, a warm bonfire and a concession stand. It’s not too scary so it’s really perfect for all ages. I’ve provided the link here if you’d like to check it out! They’re open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in October.

IMG_1525 IMG_1540

After our spooky little adventure, we traveled over to a local bar near my hometown and met up with some friends. I got to do something that almost never happens… sit down and chat with another set of identical twins! We spent a lot of time sharing twin stories, it’s always a pleasure to hang out with my own kind!

My sister and I with our new twin friends!

That about wraps up my week…now I am getting back to work! Next time I blog I will be 22 years old (cue the Taylor Swift song)! Time flies!

Until next time….

About Bridget Goedke

Hi everyone! I am currently a Senior communication major at Saint Xavier University! This is my second year blogging for the Cougar Diaries and I am very excited to continue sharing my story! I tend to blog a lot about my classes, happenings in and around SXU, my relationship with my identical twin sister, my family and friends and anything that I can't seem to get out of my head! I am graduating in May and preparing myself for life outside of SXU. So I invite you to join me as I embark on the final lap of my college career!