Giving Thanks

breadtruckkkkkkkkkkkHappy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope you all enjoyed the short week that we had last week followed by the holiday! As for my short week at school, on Monday I was able to partake in the Bread truck! I HAVE MISSED IT SO MUCH! It made me so happy to be able to be at the Port once again. And now that it’s going on a weekly basis, SXU students should email Meg Lavelle at lavelle@sxu.edu to sign up! On Tuesday, I was able to attend two out of my three classes and went home! It was fantastic; it was so good being home! I missed my family for all of their craziness!

Because it’s Thanksgiving and it’s a time to be thankful, I am going to list out somethings that I am thankful for!

To begin with, I am thankful for my family, for all their craziness, I still wouldn’t trade a thing about them. Getting to be home this past week and getting to be with them was such an amazing feeling, and I can’t wait for the end of the semester to get to be home! But also, I am thankful for when I am at school how my parents always pick up the phone or call me back as soon as they can.cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I am completely utterly thankful for this crazy semester. From taking a whole lot of classes to possibly being way too busy, I feel so lucky to be able to have all of these opportunities and just I am thankful for SXU!

I am thankful for my boyfriend for dealing with my crazy self especially as finals are right around the corner, but also because our three year anniversary is this Wednesday. So yay us, right?

I am also thankful for my friends who remind me to have fun and relax and take breaks filled of watching Gilmore Girls.  Here’s a special shout out to Brittany (my roommate from last year) for still being my friend even after living with me for a year.

Campus Ministry is another thing that I am thankful for, from Sister Carol’s prayer group to the staff to the people. Although I am a Resident Peer Minister, it amazes me how much how much I rely on all of them as my own support system.  Campus Ministry is my home away from home!

In reality, I have so much to be thankful for, and so many more things that I didn’t list. I feel incredibly lucky to have the life that I have; so to everyone who is in my life, thank you for being a part of it. I hope you all have one great week right before finals and that you enjoyed your Thanksgiving Break!