Stage Fright:How to overcome performing in front of people

conquer-stage-fright-focus-positive

I’m sure at some point in your lives, you had to do some sort of performance in front of people. The result of that must have made your stomachs feel uneasy and made your legs feel like spaghetti. As a musician and performer, I’ve had my fair share of performing in front of people and I will be doing that a lot considering I’m pursuing a career as a music entertainer. But I’m going to give you some tips that might help you if someday you’re in a position where you have to do something for people such as a speech, musical performance, acting, etc.

First thing you have to realize is that your audience already appreciates the fact that you’re getting their attention by doing something. That alone already sets the bar high. Don’t take that as more pressure. Take it as you’re already like by your audience before you even get the chance to even say or do something. Audiences can be some of the kindest people ever because they’re the best listeners ever and giving you nothing their undivided attention. So don’t worry about impressing them by everything you do because they will still give you appreciation at the end of the day.

Another thing to help out is pretend it’s still dress rehearsal or that the audience is not there at all. This is an old technique that’s still used to this day. Heck, I even use it. Even though the audience is clearly in your present, you just have to be yourself and act like they aren’t. I guarantee you are going to do a lot better without even thinking that they’re there. Concentrate on what’s more important however by continuing your performance up until you’re are done. Just remember it will be over before you even know it.

And last and most important thing is have fun and just live the moment. Don’t act like you’re being forced to perform in front of many people. You’re doing out of your own volition because you want to which you’re more than welcome to have fun while being on stage. Can you imagine if people didn’t do things because they didn’t like it? That would be awful. That’s why it’s always important to make you’re having a great time on stage because then people will see how happy it makes you and see how you actually enjoy doing what you do. Also, no matter how much you practice before hand, your performance will not always come out 100℅ as you predicted it would. So don’t pay too much attention and just live it the moment for what it is.

I hope this helped people realize that stage fright can be overcome if people just be themselves when performing something. Always be optimistic while performing. The audience loves you. Happy Performing!

About Francisco Torres

Just your average metal-head who reads comics books and plays video games. I love being alone, but I love talking and initiating conversations with others. There's a lot of things that I still don't know about myself, but I'm willing to go on journey to discover what those things are.