One Semester Down, One to Go!

Welcome back,

Tomorrow marks the beginning of finals week, so only a few days, one presentation and two papers stand between me and Christmas break. I think I need this break more than ever. Due to my senior project and the nature of my major and the jobs I hold on campus, I have been doing nothing but writing and researching for about four months now. I am beyond burnt out. I don’t think I could write another word. Not to mention I’ve been getting about ten emails per day from professors, group members and classmates about the various tasks on my plate. I am really looking forward to putting my laptop away for a few weeks and truly just relaxing without any major assignments hanging over my head.

That being said, let’s talk about something positive…Christmas! It is just a few weeks away now and I spent a good portion of my weekend helping my mom get our house decorated. As I mentioned in a previous blog, the Christmas decorations (although minimal),  have been up in my apartment for a couple weeks now because I just couldn’t wait. Like most resident students, I go home for Christmas break so at the end of this week, I will be packing up my things and moving back home for a few weeks. That is one of the worst things about being a resident, the moving.  Because I go back and fourth between my apartment and home a lot, I feel like I live out of a suitcase. I’m always losing track of what clothes and other items are at my apartment and what is at my house. I’m ready to stay put for a while.

I’ve already got most of my Christmas shopping done thanks to the internet. I’m not a black Friday shopper so I didn’t go out last week and get any great deals, but I did participate in Cyber Monday! If I know what I’m looking for, it’s so much easier to just buy it online and have it shipped right to my house! Plus, a lot of stores will offer great deals on their merchandise online and also a greater selection of colors/styles/sizes if you buy online as well. Win, win! I also love shopping using sites like Etsy that sell personalized gifts that are handmade by people with small businesses, it’s great to support small business and it also makes your gifts feel a little more more special! I highly recommend shopping on Etsy for some of the people on your list this year!

This year and semester have definitely been trying so I am looking forward to having a break and fresh start in January. Here’s to hoping 2016 brings good things!

Good luck to all of the Saint Xavier students taking finals this week and I hope everyone has a fun, relaxing break, happy holidays, and wonderful New Year!

Until next time…

About Bridget Goedke

Hi everyone! I am currently a Senior communication major at Saint Xavier University! This is my second year blogging for the Cougar Diaries and I am very excited to continue sharing my story! I tend to blog a lot about my classes, happenings in and around SXU, my relationship with my identical twin sister, my family and friends and anything that I can't seem to get out of my head! I am graduating in May and preparing myself for life outside of SXU. So I invite you to join me as I embark on the final lap of my college career!