Second Semester Senior

Welcome to Spring Semester!

I’ve always thought Spring Semester was such a misleading title because it always seems to be freezing cold until about a week before we’re ready to leave campus.

Anyway, I am delighted to say that I made it through the first semester of my senior seminar class and I have moved on to part two! Starting my final semester at Saint Xavier is kind of surreal at this point. It is one of those days that always seemed so far off…like something that might never even happen. Although I can see graduation approaching, I have so much to accomplish before that day that it still seems like I have quite a ways to go.

My nephew and I having some fun in the unseasonably warm, December weather!

l returned to campus about two weeks ago after nearly a month off. I had a wonderful holiday season and was able to spend a lot of time with my family and friends from home. Leaving my family to come back to school is always a little bittersweet, you get better at it as times goes on, but I always feel like I leave a part of me at home when I leave. I realized over break that it is very likely that I will not have an entire month off to spend with my family next year because most jobs in my field do not offer that amount of time off for the holidays, so I really tried to make the most of this break.

My brother, sister (also an SXU student) and I on Christmas Eve.

I am currently in the process of conducting my senior research and putting together my senior portfolio for the Saint Xavier Honors Program. This portfolio requires me to pull assignments from my previous honors projects and reflect on my progress. Because of this, I have been reading through some of my old assignments dating all the way back to my freshman english course! Even you do not have to complete a portfolio as part of your senior year, I would strongly recommend that all students read through some of their old work if they still have access to it. I remember feeling to so lost as a freshman with an “undecided” major. I didn’t think I could even choose a path for my education let alone excel in the subject. It is amazing to see how far I have come in knowledge, skill and confidence. It is evidence that although at many times it has been trying and seemingly pointless, the education I have received and thoroughly and deeply changed me for the better.

I am excited to continue blogging through the last leg of my journey at SXU and to make some more progress and memories to take with me when I leave. Thanks for coming along for the ride!
Until next time…

About Bridget Goedke

Hi everyone! I am currently a Senior communication major at Saint Xavier University! This is my second year blogging for the Cougar Diaries and I am very excited to continue sharing my story! I tend to blog a lot about my classes, happenings in and around SXU, my relationship with my identical twin sister, my family and friends and anything that I can't seem to get out of my head! I am graduating in May and preparing myself for life outside of SXU. So I invite you to join me as I embark on the final lap of my college career!