60 Degrees and Sunny

Welcome back,

That’s right, the title of this post was the weather yesterday, February 20th, in CHICAGO! We experienced two unseasonably warm days this weekend and it seemed to put everyone in great mood after several weeks of bitter cold. One thing is for sure, if you choose to go to college in Chicago, you won’t be bored with the weather. Although a 60 degree day in February is unusual, rapidly changing weather is something I’ve come to expect. At this point in the year, it isn’t unlikely that we’ll experience a couple different seasons per week! Days like yesterday always give me hope that spring is on the way, but make it that much more difficult to face the frigid temperatures when they inevitably return.

Enjoying blue skies and a warm breeze!

Enjoying blue skies and a warm breeze!

I spent my entire day outside yesterday for the first time in months! I did not open my laptop five thousand times, like I normally do, and it felt great! I am so thankful to have had the chance to enjoy some sun and warmth before the busy week ahead. However, because I lounged outdoors yesterday, I’m a little behind schedule today. Worth it.

Last week was a very important week for SXU students, and college students everywhere. Saint Xavier University students, faculty and staff participated in the Monetary Assistance Program (MAP) rally on Tuesday in Chicago. Representatives from SXU gathered together to fight for the release of these funds that thousands of students depend on to pay for their education. Although I was not able to attend the rally, SXU gained a lot media attention for their strong presence and I am really proud to be associated with such amazing students! It is great to be a Cougar!

Congrats to these Cougars on fighting for a good cause!

About Bridget Goedke

Hi everyone! I am currently a Senior communication major at Saint Xavier University! This is my second year blogging for the Cougar Diaries and I am very excited to continue sharing my story! I tend to blog a lot about my classes, happenings in and around SXU, my relationship with my identical twin sister, my family and friends and anything that I can't seem to get out of my head! I am graduating in May and preparing myself for life outside of SXU. So I invite you to join me as I embark on the final lap of my college career!