19 Days of College Remaining

Welcome back,

I’ll start the blog with some good news. I passed Senior Seminar! I got a phone call from my professor on Monday evening letting me know that I had successfully completed the class. I will get my official letter grade this week, but this means that my research and presentation met all of the standards, and most importantly, I will be receiving my degree in communication. It was definitely a long and difficult road, but I have learned more from this course than any other. It’s always satisfying to see your hard work pay off.

With that behind me, I was able to relax a little bit this week and focus on some of my other assignments and things on my to-do list before graduation. This week, I plan to start packing up some of the non-essential stuff in my apartment so that I won’t be so overwhelmed come finals week and graduation day.

In addition to that giant weight being lifted off my shoulders this week, we had absolutely beautiful weather in Chicago this weekend. High 70′s and sunny! I took this opportunity to go out and do a little shopping for my post-grad trip to Disney World with my family and I spent the rest of my┬átime outside. I even got my fishing license and went on my first fishing trip of the season. The amazing weather just made me that much more excited for summer!

We went fishing at the Monee Reservoir which is fully equipped with bait for purchase, a concession stand, boat and equipment rentals!

13010876_10154754329004128_959664020568073570_n

Next Saturday, I will be presenting my research at the Honors Program Senior Conference. I’m hoping that since I have already done this presentation once, I’ll be a little less nervous this time around. In preparation, I’m going to take some time this week to practice my presentation and tweak it for my new audience. I’m looking forward to having this project fully behind me and finishing up my other classes in the next few weeks!

Countdown to Graduation: 19 days 11 hours 40 minutes 56 seconds

Until next time…

About Bridget Goedke

Hi everyone! I am currently a Senior communication major at Saint Xavier University! This is my second year blogging for the Cougar Diaries and I am very excited to continue sharing my story! I tend to blog a lot about my classes, happenings in and around SXU, my relationship with my identical twin sister, my family and friends and anything that I can't seem to get out of my head! I am graduating in May and preparing myself for life outside of SXU. So I invite you to join me as I embark on the final lap of my college career!