Communication Senior Seminar 2016

Welcome back,

As mentioned in the previous blog, this was a MAJOR week for me. I spent most of my time putting the finishing touches on my senior research project and rehearsing my presentation.

Presenting my research in McGuire Hall.

Presenting my research in McGuire Hall.

Friday and Saturday were the days my classmates and I have been working for since August. I presented my research project on Friday evening in McGuire Hall in front of the communication department faculty, my classmates, friends and family. I was beyond nervous. Luckily, the presentation went pretty well. It was so gratifying to see all of my hard work pay off and also to see my classmates showcase their projects as well. We have become somewhat of a family over the last two semesters, and it was a very proud moment for all of us. We were all extremely relieved to have the presentations behind us and took some well-deserved time to celebrate our accomplishments! Now, we await our grades.

My beautiful flowers and delicious cake from my family!

My sister and I after my presentation.

My sister and I after my presentation.

In the midst of the hectic presentation preparations, I did manage to squeeze in a little time to attend Grad Fest on Wednesday evening and pick up my graduation tickets and cap and gown. Holding my cap and gown in my hands was surreal! In just a few weeks, I’ll be walking across the stage. Just yesterday I had four years of college in front of me and now I have four weeks!

I want to say congratulations to my fellow communication senior seminar classmates on the completion of some amazing projects. Everyone worked so hard and really put their skills and knowledge on display. It is an honor to work alongside this group of students. We have so much to be proud of!

Two of my fellow comm senior seminar classmates.

Countdown to Graduation: 26 days 6 hours 35 minutes 11 seconds

Until next time…

About Bridget Goedke

Hi everyone! I am currently a Senior communication major at Saint Xavier University! This is my second year blogging for the Cougar Diaries and I am very excited to continue sharing my story! I tend to blog a lot about my classes, happenings in and around SXU, my relationship with my identical twin sister, my family and friends and anything that I can't seem to get out of my head! I am graduating in May and preparing myself for life outside of SXU. So I invite you to join me as I embark on the final lap of my college career!