Honors Program Senior Conference

Welcome back,

As I mentioned in my last blog, this weekend, I presented my research at the Honors Program Senior Conference. I have been a part of the Saint Xavier Honors Program since my freshman year and this was the last assignment necessary to complete the program. My 11 honors classmates and I presented our work on Saturday morning and enjoyed a wonderful luncheon in the afternoon. My mom and sisters were able to come to SXU and see my presention and support me, which meant the world. It has been an honor (no pun intended) to be part of this program for the lastĀ four years. It has enriched my experience at SXU in so many ways, and I am very grateful for the teachers and mentors I have had along the way.

Enjoying lunch in the Butler Reception Room

Me, my mom and my sister after my presentation

Officially done with honors program!

Officially done with the honors program!

In the middle of the week, I received my grade for my Senior Seminar project. Not only did I pass, but I got an A! I was beyond relieved and excited to see that grade. Considering the months and months of hard work I put into that project that grade was very important to me. Now that I have finished the honors conference, I am OFFICIALLY done with my senior research. While I have enjoyed the experience and gained so much additional knowledge and skill, I am happy to never have to talk about my project again.

This weekend, I am finishing up my portfolio for the Honors Program as well as a few remaining assignments for other courses. Monday marks the start of my last week of classes at SXU and probably my last week of classes ever! I have been a student for around 18 years now, so it definitely feels weird to say that. Graduation is almost here!

Countdown to graduation: 12 days, 6 hours, 18 mins, 29 secs

Until next time…

About Bridget Goedke

Hi everyone! I am currently a Senior communication major at Saint Xavier University! This is my second year blogging for the Cougar Diaries and I am very excited to continue sharing my story! I tend to blog a lot about my classes, happenings in and around SXU, my relationship with my identical twin sister, my family and friends and anything that I can't seem to get out of my head! I am graduating in May and preparing myself for life outside of SXU. So I invite you to join me as I embark on the final lap of my college career!