My Education Motivation

Entering college is an important step in the life of a student. It is the last stepping stone before the adult world and the rest of your life. For me, college is where I make my mark. Not only on and off campus but in my family. There are numerous things that motivate me to continue my education. However, the most important factor pushing me to do so is the fact that I will be the first person in my family to graduate from college.

Being the first person in my immediate family to graduate from college would be a milestone, not only for me but for my family. It has been said by some that the ones who do not go to college or do not finish were never smart enough to do so. This is the biggest misconception about these men and women. For one, college is not for everybody. Others are called to do other things or follow their dreams in a different direction. For my parents, it was all about their families. Both of my parents had huge family obligations during their time in college which, unfortunately, did not allow them to finish college. However, that never stopped them from becoming very successful in their lives. Due to their hard work in their jobs and with my family, they have been able to put my two younger brothers and I through private education, not to mention a roof over our heads and food on the table. It is my destiny to graduate from college and make them proud.

Another part of that motivation to complete my college education is my two youngest brothers. The middle child, Alex, is currently a freshman in high school; while my youngest brother, Michael, is in second grade. It is very important to me, as the oldest brother, to pave the road and set the example for my younger brothers. I want them to witness what success is so that they themselves will settle for no less. For Alex, his high school journey is just beginning. As our college and high school careers grow, there will be a time where we will both be graduating at the same time. I need him to see his older brother graduate from college so that he may have the confidence in himself to do the same. As for Michael, college is a long time away for him. However, when he sees his two older brothers graduate from high school and college, he will be more motivated to do exactly the same and grow up to be just like us.

My motivation is a chain reaction; I want to make everybody proud and impact their lives in one way or the other. I am the oldest sibling in my family, and I am moving toward being the first person in my family to hit this milestone. It would mean the world to not only my family but to myself, knowing that I had finally succeeded in something so vital in life. I will continue to grind and work hard and will not stop until I get that diploma. This is my motivation! It will help make my destiny a reality.